Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Stars aren't born, they're made......into carbon copies....."

I wrote in a Facebook post this morning about the expression "Stars aren't born they're made." I felt in some cases yes they are made but what about all the people who are just born with a natural gift?

Here are some of the wonderful responses back. I was overjoyed to see people exchanging with each other!

    • People like to invent little sayings like that to provide them with motivation and reaffirm their beliefs about reality. It speaks more about their own reality however than I feel it does about truth. I would say let them have their little sayings, just don't buy into it.
    • I agree "Little sayings" are created by little people with a narrow view trying to justify their hopes for reality. It takes NATURE and NURTURE to make a human being...there's no escaping that duality. You may be born a Pharaoh, but you must live a life of karma to reside amongst the stars with RA. Your soul needs a working body to manifest in the physical realm, your body needs a soul to connect with the "other."
    • Absolutes like that are lame. Everyone has a different path to success. I do feel that natural talent will only take you so far. To that degree I feel that's right, but there's no reason to slap a universal rule on success
    • I have to disagree with you. It all depends what you do with those gifts that really counts. You can have all the natural talent in the world, but if you don't work at it, you'll definitely go nowhere.

I was inspired to expand my own thoughts based on what they wrote:

I feel that it is these same sayings that keep so many from reaching their potential in life. Now on one side we can choose to be different about anything in life. At the same time how many people get down on themselves because of labels or sayings? I have, and truly feel we all have moments of doubt. I see in my mind a young gifted ‘musician’ (I am just using a musician as an example but replace this with anything that would apply to you) … a musician who sees a saying like “Stars aren’t born they’re made” and then questions if he or she can succeed in life, or in their career, with just their gifting. When I say gifting I truly mean having a skill that came naturally but that you do work hard for. Practicing your craft, sharing energy with the people who support you…etc..

When I hear “They’re made” I took it to mean connected with "the right people” or born into money ......... Bought, produced, marketed and sold. This at times can cause the people with natural gifting to be overlooked for a shiny suit, or colorful commercial.

For example have you ever seen a commercial for food where you see the cheese melting and the sauce cascading down off a juicy delicious ‘burger’ and literally went out the door to go get? What if you weren’t even hungry and did this solely because you saw the commercial and without thought just went and got the product?

I look at these saying and these commercials and feel like they are limiting us so much in what we genuinely feel is right for our own energy at the time. I really feel if we let these limitations go to follow the gifting, and wisdom we each have to share, that we will indeed impact. We would trade what we ‘should be’ for authenticity, and not be taken over by the amount of success or recognition that some get when choosing to live in only what they see and hear.

Shine like a star and live a comfortable yet real life. I have learned living comes with vulnerability and the unknown at times, but I see those same things now and am starting to turn them into strength and will power to be authentic in life.

Trust that the beautiful mind we are all blessed with will guide us to the qualities that make us shine, and thank the universe for this by working hard to keep that light alive!

I love you all and until the next time our paths cross live, love, and be joyous!

Below is a video of a model and her transformation for a photo shoot! Truly shows how people can be "made" in this life!


www.thekeyofjoy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment